Thursday, July 21, 2011

What I Miss...and What I Have

What do I miss the most?

~camping
~climbing hills
~going for walks
~traveling
~eating in restaurants and enjoying great food and long conversations with friends
~curling up in a comfy chair and reading a good book

I could keep going...but what do I have?

~my car, where I can sit and read
~favorite shady places to park and spend time with God
~a chair that let's me enjoy a short meal out occasionally
~3 amazing new friends this year
~cooking
~grocery shopping
~teaching
~2 jobs that I really enjoyed this year
~a bed where I have been able to rest usually pain free for several years

I am blessed.  He takes care of me.  How many times has He worked things out so I could do things without hurting myself and even without drawing attention to myself. 

Example:  The work meeting at Coco's.  There was no way I could sit in those chairs for even a minute, so I got there early to check things out.  The host informed me that our table was already reserved in the back, and I AMAZINGLY was able to get my chair out of the car without hurting myself, and rolled it in. 

Only one other teacher was there, out in her car.  She didn't ask about the chair, and I wouldn't have minded if she did, but it was nice not to draw much attention to myself. 

I happened to be the last to leave somehow, and once again, had no trouble getting the chair back in the car.  I don't think everyone even noticed my rolling chair.  A little miracle from above. 

So when I am down and depressed, let me bring to mind the victories He has made for me and the ways He has been faithful and will be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment